BAI is the financial services industry’s leading provider of powerful tools, relevant content and meaningful connections. Our mission is to give financial services leaders the confidence to make smart business decisions because a strong financial services industry helps consumers, businesses and communities thrive. The BAI IT team partners with its functional business associates to define the company’s technology strategy, deliver innovative applications and continuously improve its internal and customer-facing technology assets.
We are seeking an Advanced Software Engineer who has a broad understanding of front-end web development, application-tier programming, object oriented programming practices and database design and structure. This position will contribute in building, improving and maintaining the company’s internal systems and external commercial applications.
- Utilize current front end web technologies to create compelling and intuitive user experiences with rich functionality.
- Provide application development and support; maintain optimum functionality of databases and .NET applications with the end user experience in mind.
- Perform analysis, design, develop, and maintain systems and subsystems.
- Create advanced SQL queries and Stored Procedures; update and/or create reports.
- Responsible for the documentation of and adherence to current development standards; to seek opportunities to utilize current or additional applications to create process improvements.
- Coordinate and support testing activities (including development of test cases and scheduling of test events with key IT staff and users) for changes and releases (both internal and vendor based) to web applications supported by the BAI IT applications group.
- Communicate with all levels and functional areas of the BAI organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years professional experience required.
- 3+ years ASP.NET Application Development (C# with Visual Studio), utilizing both WebForms and ASP.net MVC frameworks.
- 3+ years SQL (SQL Server RDBMS and Management Studio, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, etc.).
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies strongly preferred.
- This individual must be highly motivated, self-directed, and possess solid execution and follow-up skills.
- Detail oriented, but understands broader impacts of projects and tasks.
- Ability to probe beyond the surface of the requested data to get at the valuable, actionable information is essential.
- Must be able to check and validate the results of their own work.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities as directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all business stakeholders.
- Needs to possess a strong analytical, quantitative and objective outlook.
BAI offers an outstanding benefit package including comprehensive insurance coverage, a 401(k) plan with company match, generous vacation/personal time programs, and the ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about BAI, please visit www.bai.org.