BAI is the financial services industry’s leading provider of powerful tools, relevant content and meaningful connections. Our mission is to give financial services leaders the confidence to make smart business decisions because a strong financial services industry helps consumers, businesses and communities thrive.
The Business Development Specialist (BDS) is a sales-marketing position that draws upon advanced knowledge of opportunity Development, business processes, customer relationship management and strategic campaign execution. This role will develop a consistent pipeline of high quality leads/opportunities to support our business. The BDS will consistently exercise discretion and judgment to help advance campaign-related opportunities. Approximately 70% of daily activity will focus on new demand generation, while 30% of daily activity will focus on follow up to previously identified opportunities. It is vital for this person to nurture healthy internal and external relationships with the intent of building product value, differentiating BAI, promoting professionalism, becoming a knowledge expert, and creating a comfortable environment for continuous improvement.
- Daily Pipeline Management Activity, including Call Volume, Quality Conversations, Follow-up Conversations, Internal Dialogues, and Opportunity Advancing Phone Calls.
- Prospecting: Using tools to determine the correct person in organizations to speak with regarding BAI offerings.
- Scheduling: through e-mails and phone calls, scheduling appointments for our account managers.
- Consistency maintaining, updating, monitoring and communicating within the CRM.
- Ability to balance inbound, outbound, communications, and campaign activity.
- Timeliness, professionalism, desire to learn, and willingness to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Draw upon specialized skills in campaign execution to deliver an average of 30 to 40 high-quality phone calls per day that support demand-developing activity, balancing the need for additional lead generation with the organization’s need for lead-advancing assistance and the sales team’s ability to absorb additional leads.
- Maintain high standards for lead quality, list quality, and strategic targeting; provide feedback to the strategic marketing team on list quality and ideas for improving targeting.
- Maintain a consistent flow of quality leads & closed opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in business development, demand generation, or lead generation.
- 1 to 2 years demonstrated track record taking pro-active steps to guide complex opportunities to a close through organizational influence.
- Experience monitoring results within a CRM, and using metrics and dashboards to identify opportunities that have stalled or need additional assistance.
- Prefer 1 to 2 years selling/lead generation of technical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence internal stakeholders, business partners and cross-functional departments to take action on the opportunity pipeline.
- Well-organized with the ability to plan and organize personal activity, consistent cross- functional checkups, and multi-department fulfillment of opportunities.
- Driven individual with a desire to achieve quotas on a consistent basis while balancing internal and external pipeline management activities.
- Quick learner with the ability to tailor messages to the right audience.
- Training and experience navigating company structures, finding influencers and decision makers.
- Ability to adapt to changing conversations and customer situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with a wide variety of roles and backgrounds, from front-end employees, to engineers and C-level executives.
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
BAI offers an outstanding benefit package including comprehensive insurance coverage, a 401(k) plan with company match, generous vacation/personal time programs, and the ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about BAI, please visit www.bai.org.