BAI is the financial services industry’s leading provider of powerful tools, relevant content and meaningful connections. Our mission is to give financial services leaders the confidence to make smart business decisions because a strong financial services industry helps consumers, businesses and communities thrive. We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer for our downtown Chicago location. The CFO is a key member of the BAI senior leadership team and a strategic partner to the CEO and leadership team. The CFO interacts with all areas of the business and contributes significantly to executing BAI’s strategic direction in a growth-oriented business.
- Oversee and direct all areas of finance to include accounting, financial planning, treasury, audit, tax, investments, financial systems and risk management.
- Develop reports and tools to measure, predict and communicate the organization’s expected and actual financial performance.
- Ensure proper accounting and financial reporting activities and controls are established and performed on a consistent basis resulting in timely and accurate financial information.
- Direct the investment activities of BAI and serves as custodian of the funds, securities and assets of BAI.
- Communicate directly with the BAI Board of Directors and key committee members as the primary source of all financial presentations and reports summarizing BAI’s financial position, results and plans.
- Participate in operations and special projects related to BAI’s lines of business as assigned by the CEO.
- Assess, develop, recruit and retain a high-performing, engaged accounting and financial management team.
- Direct the systems development, implementation, execution and maintenance of management information systems relating to all accounting and financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and CPA preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive management and leadership experience in the financial function of growth-oriented businesses.
- Experience as a CFO in a small to mid-sized professional services environment preferred.
- Exhibits strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all areas of BAI. Excels at building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Effectively sets priorities, meets deadlines and manages multiple projects in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Displays a proactive and forward looking mindset.
- Has a history of successfully managing and motivating teams, setting objectives and holding team members accountable.
- Ability to travel less than 5% of the time.
BAI offers an outstanding benefit package including comprehensive insurance coverage, a 401(k) plan with company match, generous vacation/personal time programs, and bonus potential with the ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about BAI, please visit www.bai.org.