BAI is the financial services industry’s leading provider of powerful tools, relevant content and meaningful connections. Our mission is to give financial services leaders the confidence to make smart business decisions because a strong financial services industry helps consumers, businesses and communities thrive.
The Business Development Specialist (BDS) is a sales-marketing position that draws upon advanced knowledge of opportunity development, business processes, customer relationship management and strategic campaign execution. This role will develop a consistent pipeline of high quality leads/opportunities to support our Learning and Development line of business. The BDS will consistently exercise discretion and judgment to help advance campaign-related opportunities. Approximately 90% of daily activity will focus on new demand generation, while 10% of daily activity will focus on follow up to previously identified opportunities. It is vital for this person to nurture healthy internal and external relationships with the intent of building product value, differentiating BAI, promoting professionalism, becoming a knowledge expert, and creating a comfortable environment for continuous improvement.
- Daily Pipeline Management Activity, including Call Volume, Quality Conversations, Follow-up Conversations, Internal Dialogues, and Opportunity Advancing Phone Calls.
- Consistency maintaining, updating, monitoring and communicating within the CRM.
- Demonstrated intellectual abilities executing the principles of Consultative Selling.
- Consistency leveraging dashboards and pipeline metrics to uncover the need to accelerate, advance, or un-stick opportunities within the pipeline.
- Ability to balance inbound, outbound, communications, and campaign activity.
- Timeliness, professionalism, desire to learn, and willingness to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Develop and apply strategies that guide campaign-related activity to optimum efficiency by placing a consistent flow of leads/opportunities into the top-end of the pipeline after appropriate qualification.
- Draw upon specialized skills in campaign execution to deliver an average of 30 to 40 high-quality phone calls per day that support demand-developing activity, balancing the need for additional lead generation with the organization’s need for lead-advancing assistance and the sales team’s ability to absorb additional leads.
- Host an average of 10 to 12 opportunity-advancing customer calls per day, helping progress customer interest forward to the next opportunity development stage.
- Manage Customer Contact, Lead Page, Account, and Opportunity information inside the CRM with a high-level of consistency and influence other departments and users do the same.
- Report process and program concerns, to Director of Sales, helping to resolve inefficient or ineffective CRM features & functions.
- Maintain high standards for lead quality, list quality, and strategic targeting; provide feedback to the strategic marketing team on list quality and ideas for improving targeting.
- Draw upon previous education and work experience to monitor and communicate campaign effectiveness, helping to resolve any barriers to timely progress of opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Maintain a consistent flow of quality leads & closed opportunities.
- Apply advanced knowledge of campaign execution to assist with the evaluation, testing, and deployment of new marketing technologies and contact management tools.
- Attend weekly team meetings and participate in a culture of continuous improvement by submitting creative ideas for improving program quality & speeding up time to revenue.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in business development, demand generation, or lead generation.
- 1 to 2 years demonstrated track record taking pro-active steps to guide complex opportunities to a close through organizational influence.
- Experience monitoring results within a CRM, and using metrics and dashboards to identify opportunities that have stalled or need additional assistance.
- Prefer 1 to 2 years selling/lead generation of technical solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence internal stakeholders, business partners and cross-functional departments to take action on the opportunity pipeline.
- Well-organized with the ability to plan and organize personal activity, consistent cross- functional checkups, and multi-department fulfillment of opportunities.
- Driven individual with a desire to achieve quotas on a consistent basis while balancing internal and external pipeline management activities.
- Quick learner with the ability to tailor messages to the right audience.
- Training and experience navigating company structures, finding influencers and decision makers.
- Ability to adapt to changing conversations and customer situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with a wide variety of roles and backgrounds, from front-end employees, to engineers and C-level executives.
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
BAI offers an outstanding benefit package including comprehensive insurance coverage, a 401(k) plan with company match, generous vacation/personal time programs, and bonus potential with the ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about BAI, please visit www.bai.org.