BAI is the financial services industry’s leading provider of powerful tools, relevant content and meaningful connections. Our mission is to give financial services leaders the confidence to make smart business decisions because a strong financial services industry helps consumers, businesses and communities thrive. This position will require strong software development skills to participate in the development and enhancements of reporting products and tools. This position will also require superior analytical skills to review and standardize client data, conduct analysis and prepare reports delivered to external customers. This position involves new report requests, analyzing data and querying various SQL databases to retrieve data and prepare reports.
- Develop new and maintain existing report and metric products using SQL, Stored procedures, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and VBA.
- Review client raw data submissions to determine alignment with BAI specifications, develop and apply data standardization routines to bring client data into alignment where necessary.
- Review pre-processed data audits to determine if resulting metrics represent significant deviation from normative data. Research the cause of significant deviations, work with clients to resolve issues and suggest possible solutions to bring data into tolerance.
- Field ad hoc business questions from both BAI employees and clients. Extract required data from SQL database and prepare reports which answer key business questions.
- Execute production processes for various products to produce reports by loading multiple data sets of summarized client data and running various SQL/VBA processes to produce reports.
- Participate in the production of timely, accurate client deliverables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience working with SQL and relational database structures.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications with an emphasis on Excel (formulas and functions).
- Programming experience in VBA or other programming languages.
- Experience in full lifecycle application development, including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, QA and documentation and production support.
- Hands-on financial institution data warehouse or MCIF usage desired.
- 2-5 years data analysis experience a plus – financial services industry experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a high stress environment.
- Quality of work/productivity - extremely detailed oriented, thorough and accurate.
- Client focus - ability to anticipate & meet internal/external client needs in a timely manner.
- Pride, accountability, and ownership in daily activity.
- Ability to think creatively and then implement those ideas.
- Ability to be proactive in improving team processes and achieving team goals.
BAI offers an outstanding benefit package including comprehensive insurance coverage, a 401(k) plan with company match, generous vacation/personal time programs, and the ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about BAI, please visit www.bai.org.