BAI is the financial services industry’s leading provider of powerful tools, relevant content and meaningful connections. Our mission is to give financial services leaders the confidence to make smart business decisions because a strong financial services industry helps consumers, businesses and communities thrive. We have a growing, highly-valued and respected syndicated, data-driven benchmarking and strategic research business serving executives at top tier U.S. financial services companies. These financial services leaders need relevant, actionable information and comprehensive insights to support and drive the critical business decisions they make that will positively impact their organization’s performance.
The Manager, Business Development will be responsible for sales of BAI Research programs to a specified set of prospects and a smaller subset of assigned programs to a defined universe of current clients. Utilizing highly developed prospecting, sales skills and communications techniques, the Manager will schedule and hold new business meetings with each Bank prospect or client, assess each firm’s overall goals and suggest the appropriate BAI program to help reach those goals.
- Manage a territory of named accounts consisting primarily of national and regional and community banks in the United States.
- Prospect for the appropriate contacts within each bank.
- Schedule and complete sales interactions.
- Conduct a needs assessment with prospects and develop recommendations/proposals.
- Partner with the Research team to craft a proposal to answer each bank’s objectives with the appropriate BAI program.
- Work with the Research team to uncover unmet needs in the marketplace and ensure continuous improvement and evolution of product offerings.
- Stay up-to-date on market trends, competition, customer needs and other factors that may impact sales and growth.
- Provide realistic sales forecasts to facilitate growth.
- Manage contract negotiations and other details to close the sale.
- Update information on customers and all stages of the sales cycle updated in CRM system.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field required.
- 10+ years of business-to-business sales experience including senior-level interaction.
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Strong track record of achievement of annual sales goals.
- Ability to maximize a consultative sales approach and close business.
- Excellent client management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication capabilities including excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Client interaction will require frequent travel, typically trips of short duration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
BAI offers an outstanding benefit package including comprehensive insurance coverage, a 401(k) plan with company match, generous vacation/personal time programs, and the ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about BAI, please visit www.bai.org.