Frequently Asked Questions
Participation is free.
The nomination form will require:
- Contact details from nomination submitter and institution being nominated
- Choosing the innovation category that best suits the nomination
- Details of the innovation:
- The title of the innovation
- Summary of the innovation
- The impact of the innovation
- The culture of innovation within the nominated financial services organization
- Collaborators or team involved
You will have the option of including any supplemental information that further illustrates the innovation or its impact.
You will be able to update your nomination until the submission deadline. However, your entry may be reviewed before then. Please contact [email protected] with any questions or to let BAI know you’ve modified your submission.
The selection process involves multiple rounds of evaluation by the Innovation Circle to determine category finalists and eventual winners. Nominations are judged against two main criteria – originality of the innovation and the impact for both the customer as well as the financial services organization.
The Outstanding Achievement Award winners are specially selected by the Innovation Circle from the overall pool of nominations.
The Innovation Circle will select awards finalists and winners based on the following criteria:
- Is it new or does the innovation extend well beyond marginal improvements to existing products, services, technologies, distribution strategies and practices?
- What is the unique value to the customer?
- Does the innovation demonstrate substantial improvement/benefit to the organization and customer base? Is it scalable and portable across geographies and platforms?
- Impact should be substantiated through quantitative data or qualitative evidence of success by demonstrating that the innovation helped grow one or more of the following – customer acquisition, balance sheet or revenue. Additionally, you can provide information on increase in adoption of the product or service among existing customers or impact on brand, customer retention and even provide customer feedback.
Note that each nomination will be evaluated on the two-dimensional criteria above and weighed equally to identify award finalists.
The 2020 Awards finalists will be announced late January 2021.
The finalists and winners will be contacted prior to the official announcements. All nominees will be notified whether they are finalists, winners or if they were not shortlisted.
Winners will be contacted by BAI to coordinate award receipt.
- Worldwide Visibility
- Prestige Among Peers
- Valuable Recognition
Read more about Awards benefits here.
No, the awards recognize innovations from around the globe.
BAI reserves the right to refrain from selecting a winner or finalists if none naturally emerges.
BAI reserves the right to reject entries that do not meet submission guidelines.