BAI Loan Review Certificate Program
BAI Loan Review Certificate Program – Course II is an advanced course focused on a deep dive into loan review assessments, processes and reporting. This course focuses heavily on credit risk management and loan quality as well as a high-level overview of recent changes to Loan Review policy. Attendees should have a thorough understanding of UCA Cash Flow concepts to accurately complete both case studies and pass the loan review certification exam.
Case studies will be used extensively in Course II to fully develop the concepts being taught. The extension problems, completed by the participant independently, further prepare attendees to meet real-life challenges in the workplace.
Course II instills the skills and knowledge necessary for enhanced performance:
- Credit Risk Management & Determining Risk Tolerance
- Structuring an Effective Risk Management Process
- Risk Supervision and Monitoring
- Role of Loan Review & Assessing Loan Quality
- Credit Process Flowchart & Evaluating the Credit Process
- To whom are you reporting?
- Loan Loss Reserve
- Interagency Policy, FAS 5, FAS 114
- Regulatory Viewpoint
To close out the BAI Loan Review Certificate Program, Course II, BAI invites representatives from the FDIC, OCC and The Federal Reserve to share recent updates on regulations impacting the Loan Review Staff and overall Portfolio. Following this discussion, the panel welcomes any and all questions from the participants. In recent years, the panel has discussed topics covering:
- Expectations of the regulators of loan review, including scope, quality of work, and suggestions for improvement.
- Better understanding loan loss reserve in anticipation of CECL
- Strengthening the underwriting process to enhance portfolio management and mitigate regulatory concerns
- Managing the global cash flow and mitigating lack of information provided to regulators
- Common challenges and issues with developing loan appraisals
| REGISTRATION: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
PROGRAM: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
| PROGRAM: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|| PROGRAM: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (CPE) CREDITS
Earn up to 24 CPE hours after completing this course